The typical breast augmentation patient in our practice is an athletic professional woman who wants to return to work or exercise soon after surgery. I have found that our patients recover very quickly and with minimal pain and discomfort. Often I find that I have to slow my patients down.
Below I have included the post-operative medication and exercise schedule.
1. Emend 40 mg by mouth mourning of surgery to prevent nausea.
2. Percocet 5/325 by mouth every 4-6 hours as needed for pain.
3. Valium 5 mg by mouth every 8 hours as needed for spasms or sleep.
4. Keflex 500 mg by mouth four times per day. (Antibiotic)
Post-Operative Exercise Regimen:
1. First week post-operatively. Walking and Exercise Bicycle.
2. Second week post-operatively. Exercise Bicycle. O.K. to add machine Leg Exercises.
3. Third week post-operatively. O.K. to add Arm Exercises.
4. Fourth week post-operatively. O.K. to add Chest Exercises.
5. After six weeks patients have unrestricted return to exercise such as Pilates, Yoga, Contac Sports, etc.